Cloud Software Engineer
Cloud Software Engineer
Evans & Chambers Technology is looking for an Cloud Software Engineer to join our team!
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Poly
Minimum of 5 years applicaple experience
Associate level AWS Certification AWS (or ability to obtain):
SysOps Engineer or
Description of Services:
· Build prototype Data Catalog that contains meta-data for all data within the bounds of the system. The Data Catalog will be useable by multiple analytic tools on the AWS Services including Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR cluster with Spark + Hive + Presto and Amazon Elasticsearch.
· Demonstrate ingest, ETL and enrichment capabilities for the Data Lake and Processing Environment using a combination of AWS Services and open source tools such as Apache NiFi.
· Demonstrate interactive, fast response (fractions of a second) indexed querying capabilities for the Data Lake environment using tools such as Amazon Elasticsearch with Kibana dashboards
· Prototype a data purge capability.
· Consult on best practices for cloud security and management for the AWS Services.
· Consult on integration with customer authorization service, upstream & downstream systems and performance.
· Support architecture of Disaster Recovery (DR) applications for integration with data convergence architecture.
· Provide AI/ML capabilities and architecture support for Amazon SageMaker.
· Consult on Neo4j and/or other Graph type tools/databases/analysis visualizations.
· Demonstrate running SQL queries and analysis on data referenced in the Data Catalog. SQL statement may be running using the Amazon Redshift SQL interface (for certain cluster node sizes) or other tools that support JDBC/ODBC connections
· Demonstrate configuring JDBC/ODBC connections to external tools such as Microsoft Office, Tableau, etc. For SQL-based query and displaying results
· Demonstrate integrating PostgreSQL relational database with PostGIS into the environment using Amazon RDS and/or Amazon Aurora
· Provide eVo development support.
Get on board!Evans & Chambers is a progressive IT solutions provider located in Washington, DC. We offer excellent salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. We are committed to rewarding goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. http://www.evanschambers.com
Curious what it's like, working at EC? Explore our company culture.