Evans & Chambers Technology is actively seeking a highly motivated Configuration Manager/Specialist to join our team!
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Locations: Annapolis Junctions, MD -OR- Colorado Springs, CO
- Can build repositories, work with tools like continuous configuration automation CCA “Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt”, know tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant and automation scripting, ServiceNow or BM.
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Identifies configuration items, implements change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
- Works on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
- Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Tracks all problems and changes in the product documents/software
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration.
- Apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project, or team.
- Provides guidance and supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
Years of Experience Required:
- Highschool Degree + 8
- Associates Degree + 6
- Bachelors Degree + 4 years
- Masters Degree + 2 years
- PhD + 0 years
- DoD 8570 Compliance (equivalent to Security+ Certification)
Get on board!
Evans & Chambers is a progressive IT solutions provider located in Washington, DC. We offer excellent salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. We are committed to rewarding goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. http://www.evanschambers.com
Curious what it's like, working at EC? Explore our company culture.