Location: Washinton, DC
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The technical editor will provide editorial support to directorate elements. The technical editor will provide substantive edits of DIA-produced intelligence in a fast-paced environment. In addition to correcting for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and usage, the technical editor will review and amend products for clarity, conciseness, consistency, substance, logic, classification, sourcing, format, and conformance with DIA, DoD, and Intelligence Community standards. The technical editor will provide editorial support for non-intelligence production, such as correspondence, as needed.
- Edit products, including multimedia elements.
- Ensure edits are complete and deadlines are met.
- Assist in verifying facts and content.
- Format documents and verify classification markings and sources.
- Apply knowledge of Intelligence Community, DoD, and DIA tradecraft standards and policies.
- Provide editorial advice and guidance regarding of Intelligence Community, DoD, and DIA standards and policies.
- Exercise excellent interpersonal skills in meeting face-to-face with authors, senior reviewers, and foreign disclosure officers.
- Hours of support are 0800 to 1630.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal experience editing 1- to 100-page technical or analytical documents.
- Impeccable editing skills, including knowledge of copyediting and highly developed grammar and writing skills.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and rapidly adapting to changing organizational requirements while producing error-free material under tight deadlines.
- Experience in quality control, problem identification and analysis, initiative, and creativity in problem solving.
- Experience communicating and dealing diplomatically with seniors and experience working independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build rapport with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- Familiarity with DIA’s Style Manual and Security Marking Program standards for classification and declassification markings
- Highly adaptive learning capabilities
- Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required.
Curious what it's like, working at EC? Explore our company culture.