Tableau Dashboard SME
Tableau Dashboard SME
Evans & Chambers Technology has opportunities for you to become a part of our high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key federal clients. We are currently seeking a Tableau Developer to service as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to for our client’s Information Technology Operations Center (ITOC) visualizations.
Location: Reston, VA
- Prepare data for use and create visualizations for the data extracted with the help of Tableau.
- Collect and process large volumes of data in various formats, structured and unstructured.
- Establish connections to Data Sources.
- Add or Create Dimensions, Measures and Calculations.
- Perform Data Modeling in Tableau Desktop.
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data by analyzing it.
- Develop Workbooks and Hyper Extracts on Tableau Desktop.
- Design dashboards.
- Manage Tableau Server.
- Manage big data.
- Twist SQL queries for improving performances.
- Examine glitches in business processes and resolve them.
- Build prototypes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in support of a critical mission requirements.
- Collaborate in a rapid feedback environment to deliver process improvements to the end user.
- Use critical thinking and a variety of software tools and languages to tackle new challenges.
- Provide Data analytics, data modeling, data correlation/ integration and data visualization (e.g., metrics and dashboards using leading Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau and ServiceNow report function.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Integrate multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/ business applications into a near, real-time dashboard (heads up display) for use in troubleshooting and the presentation of situational awareness briefings to executive staff.
- Ability to utilize pre-built dashboards/add-ons within the system as well as be able to create custom dashboards and search queries to meet the ITOC needs.
- Provide recommendations/action plans for incorporating new data streams to present additional visualizations.
- Perform technical knowledge transfer to government and military personnel to enable them to create independent dashboards and data ingestion streams within the system.
- Active/current TS/SCI with CI-Poly or ability to pass a CI-Poly required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/ or experience.
- Ten years of specialized experience in software engineering.
- DoD and IC experience desired.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Must be proficient Tableau.
- Travel may be required within Washington National Capital Region (NCR) on an as-needed basis for customer or corporate requirements.
Curious what it's like, working at EC? Explore our company culture.