This position is for a highly-skilled Software Developer to support the deployment, transition, and evolution of web applications and data workflow to a micro-service architecture. Additionally, the candidate is expected to work with accessing web service application programming interfaces (APIs) and performing basic data ETL (extract/transform/load) functions.
Locations: Reston, VA or DC
Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
- Experience using various programming languages including java, python, and ruby
- Proven experience with NSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Understanding of the micro-service architecture including basic application structure and how to make changes to it.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Amazon EC2 to include creating/starting/stopping Linux instances, moving files into the cloud via S3.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent training.
- Preferably has an active/current TS/SCI CI Poly eligible.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintain, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk.
- Must have at seven years of specialized experience in software engineering.
- Experience working within a micro-service architecture and refactoring to micro-services from a monolithic architecture
- Experience with commercial and/or open source visualization tools
- Experience using AngularJS, Java, Python
- Knowledge of AWS and big data tools