Web Developer - DC with some Remote Work
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evans & Chambers is looking for a mid-level software engineer who is well versed in the full web development stack to design, innovate, and support EC’s Security Control SaaS software offering. The selected candidate will work in a small agile team to design, implement, deploy and support products and features in an AWS cloud-hosted environment. You will work in a fast paced environment where your opinion matters and you will be able to see the fruit of your work deployed to our customers on short release cycles. This position is located at our DC headquarters, and offers the ability for telework.
· Build full stack web features from scratch, from the database to the front-end
· Interact in a collaborative fashion to ensure delivery of quality software products.
· Solve complex problems, assimilating information rapidly, and completing tasks within each Agile iteration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be a US Citizen
· 3+ years in software development with Java, C#, or other modern object-oriented programming language
· Development experience with open source MVC frameworks (Spring, Ruby on Rails, Grails (with Groovy))
· Development experience with ORMs such as Hibernate or GORM
· Ability to query and manage database schemas in SQL databases such as Oracle or MySQL
· Must have experience working within a continuous integration and delivery environment.
· Knowledge of software implementation best practices to enhance the security posture of the application.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Interest and/or experience with Big Data problems and solutions
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Get on board!
Evans & Chambers is a progressive IT solutions provider located in Washington, DC. We offer excellent salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. We are committed to rewarding goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. http://www.evanschambers.com
Curious what it's like, working at EC? Explore our company culture.